Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Waiting Game

I write this from my hospital bed at Medical City Dallas. 

Coyt visiting Mommy at the hospital.
Last Friday (12/30), I was told by my OB & perinatologist that I would be induced today.  My headaches were getting unbearable and my blood pressure kept jumping up.  We spent much of the weekend making arrangements for Coyt, buying needed stuff from Babies R Us and Target, and getting prepared for me to be in the hospital for a couple of days.  On Monday, I received a call from the office of the delivering OB (different from my OB) saying that they don't know why I am being induced and that I needed to come into their office immediately.  I hopped in my Tahoe and made it to the hospital in less than an hour.  The doctor decided that instead of inducing me at 37 weeks that I will have to be admitted into the hospital at this time in hopes that I can keep Cason in for longer.  Now here I am sitting in my hospital bed, waiting for little man to come while trying to manage my elevated blood pressure and constant headaches.  I know this is all best for Cason, but I hate, hate, hate being away from my family.  Thank you for all your love and support!  We will keep you updated on everything.

 

4 comments:

  1. hang in there!!! your doing great! your all in our prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keeping you guys in our thoughts and prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're here for ya girl!!

    Love,
    Jill & Byron

    ReplyDelete
  4. Being away from family is hard, but hang in there hun.. you have lots of love and support. Praying all goes well and that your little man can be in your arms soon enough :) Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete